Wednesday, October 22, 2008

They guessed my age at 26!!


Someone found out it was my Birthday today and they guessed my age at 26!!No they did not have dementia, but they were 100 years old with very poor eye sight. I had a great laugh out of that.
The real # is 49 and I am not a bit embarrassed by it.

Jeff and I had a great day of shopping, I shopped, he read a book. When I went into Eddie Bauer, the lady was trying to get me to buy a vest, she says,"these are so in style, you just have to have one," I looked out over my glasses,(Now that I can no longer see) and said, I truly do not care what is in style, look at me, I'm 49.

My boys always ask me,Why are you on a diet? You are old and you cares what you look like. My usual response is," I do not want you to have to buy a extra large casket. So you have it.

I am old and it is O.K. with me.

4 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

Happy Birthday Karen,hope it was great.
And as for the man who guessed you to be 26......I bet I know who he is.
And no you do not lok 49,(or older) LOLOL!!

Jana said...

Happy belated birthday, Karen!! I hope you celebrated well -- you deserve it. Age is in the eye of the beholder. And as long as we have young ones, we have to be young, right?!?!

And, check out my blog, dear friend. You've been tagged! Give Miss Caeleigh a hug from us!!

Carey said...

Too funny! Happy Birthday!! And no, 49 is NOT old. OLDER...yes =), but not old!

Rachelle said...

You are not old, and you look awesome! Hope you had a great day. Same birthday as our oldest, only she is 20 : )
Love the story though.